About Me

My photo
Hi! Thanks for taking time to look at my site. My name is Kristen and I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I am dedicated to sharing the Bible's message of hope and peace. I am married and have two great kids, Gabriel-10 and Abby Lynne-3. I don't have a lot of spare time, but when I do I like to try my hand at being creative. It is a form of relaxation and therapy for me. I enjoy scrapbooking, sewing and cardmaking, although I don't sew very much anymore. Here I'd like to share some of my accomplishments when I have a chance. I am open to comments, ideas and creative help. :)Thanks for spending some time with me.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New card

Well, I finally made a card! I love this digi. It is signed by Jenlee.I got it as a freebie. I need to really work on my coloring and blending. I'm having some trouble with the paper and also the black ink. After talking to Dorcas, I've decided that I just need to practice. I hate it when something messes up! Printer ink is expensive! :P Anyway, let me know what you think.
My supplies include Stampin'Up inks, DCWV's Cafe Mediterranean papers and Making Memories buttons. Other wise I used standard cardstock and glue dots or a tape runner. I did the stitching on my Singer Futura machine



Thanks! :)


I would like to participate in:

9 comments:

  1. Great card Kristen! That is a sweet image and your coloring is good. Dorcas is the best one for tips! I like that deep blue with the green and splash of pink. The buttons are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card - like the color combo a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Now I have to decide what to do next... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card! I love that image!
    Thanks for playing with us at Digi's with Attitude!
    Good luck & hope to see you again next week!
    HUgs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! Great layering and love the buttons. Thanks for joining us at Digi's With Attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nice comments! Dawn and Jules, this is my first challenge, so I was a little apprehensive about entering. Thanks for the encouragement! I will certainly be entering more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your layout and design, Kristen. You did a great job! Glad you worked out the link thing. :-)
    btw, you don't have to literally highlight the link, just highlight with your mouse so you can copy and paste. I'm confusing,I know!lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card & digi stamp!
    You did a beautiful job.
    Thanks for playing with us at Digi's with Attitude!
    Tazza
    DWA DTL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute digi and love your card. I was uncertain with my colouring too when I started blogging but you seem to gain more confidence as you go along, and of course it doesn't hurt to keep going back and looking at how Dorcas does it lol. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete